Technology in The Suite: Wellcore helps senior stay active and independent during national home safety month
June 25, 2010 by
Technology in the suite
The Wellcore system offers the following benefits:
- Detects falls automatically and sends help in an emergency. Wellcore distinguishes falls from other types of motion with unprecedented accuracy—all without having to press a button. When a fall is automatically detected, a Wellcore specialist contacts the wearer to assess the level of urgency. If an emergency is determined Wellcore sends emergency services and alerts designated caregivers. The button can also be pressed at any time to initiate the same immediate response.
- Automatic Reminders. When not being worn, Wellcore sends friendly reminders through the base unit and a notification appears on the online website. If the Personal Activity Monitor is left unworn for an extended period of time, designated caregivers or family members are notified.
- Wellness Monitoring. Accessible 24/7, a password-protected website, available to users and their designated caregivers, tracks motion and learns daily patterns over time, highlighting significant changes when they occur. The website also displays notifications and alerts concerning everyday activity and safety.
- Delivers messages from loved ones. Text messages created on the online dashboard are converted to voice and played on the base unit, similar to voice messages on an answering machine, keeping family members and seniors connected.
- Keeps you safe on the go. When paired with a Wellcore-compatible cell phone, Wellcore allows 24/7 protection anywhere within the cell phone’s coverage range. When a fall is detected, the cell phone summons emergency responders to the exact location of the fall using the cell phone’s GPS, and caregivers are alerted.
- Innovative design. Made of brushed aluminum, the device and base unit feature contemporary, intuitive design. Unlike other personal emergency response devices, the Wellcore system is stylish as well as water resistant.
For more information, please call 1-800-522-1197 or visit us at www.Wellcore.com.